One of the challenges I face when working on a new project is that I want everything completed right now. For some reason, I’m fine with the genealogy research being long-term, but I become overwhelmed with all the things I want to do on the website. It would be easy for me to focus all my short-term time and attention on the website and ignore the research, but I don’t really want to do that.
So, I decided to make a to-do list and post it here. Sort of a “coming attractions” trailer.
- Military pages, detailing veterans of the American Revolution, Civil War, other American wars, etc.
- DAR-approved lineage proofs of all American Revolution ancestors
- Unite the blog and the website, possibly through a content management system. Done
- Possibly add a wiki
- Add Google Maps for places and cemeteries. Done
- Add a website search feature, possibly Google search
- Possibly add charts like those on the Roy-Reyes site
- Possibly add some marriage charts for common counties, like this
- Continue customizing the home page. Done (for now).
That’s nine to-dos, which will surely keep me busy for weeks, if not months, to come.
Merry Christmas to all!