I’ve spent most of the past week researching the Roberts and allied families.
New Source Records Found
- 1830, 1840 Census – John M. Roberts (the one born in 1786) household
- 1850 Census – Snelson Roberts household
- 1850 Census – Stephen Ellis household
- 1860, 1870, 1880 Census – Monteville Roberts household
- 1880 Census – Martin LaFayette Roberts household
- 1880 Census – Edward Roberts household
- 1880 Census – Loranza Dow Roberts household
New People Found
- The family of Snelson Roberts: Wife, Jemima, and nine children – Martha, Edmund, Hugh, Baker, Ann, Josephine, Homer, Alfred, and John.
- The family Loranza Dow Roberts ( the one born in 1820): wife, Catharine Huffaker, and two children – Christopher and Rebecca.
- The family of Edward Roberts: wife, Amanda, and one child – George.
- The family of Loranza Dow Roberts (the one born in 1855): wife, Naomi, and two children – Maria and William.
- Birth and death dates for Elijah Marion Ellis, from his headstone.
New Histories Added
- Captain Thomas Hemphill Biographical Sketch