I got away from genealogy a couple of weeks this month, spending my time on other pursuits (reading and scrapbooking, namely).
How did I do toward my goals?
- Write 10 blog posts – completed 7
- Abstract (or update previously-done abstractions, if necessary) 20 census pages and update the citations. I haven’t located all these census pages yet, so some research will be in order. Specifically work on the pages that include: Robert West 1840, 1830, 1820, 1810, 1800; Anna Mariah Cook 1840, 1830, 1820, 1810; Wyatt Lankford 1870, 1840, 1830, 1820, 1810; Morning Tabitha Bruer 1860, 1840, 1830, 1820; Abner Lankford – any (I just learned about him this week). – Oh, not good. I couldn’t find any of the above census records and moreover, I only completed abstracting one that I did find – Frances (Rudd) Kendrick and Thomas Kendrick 1840. I’ll probably get one more finished this afternoon.
- Index 30 names on FamilySearch – batting zero here.
- Scan 5 photos & process 5 headstone photos. Done and done. Finally, something to check off.
- Look for (online) source records to verify facts referenced in pp. 11-15 of Butler Ahnentafel report. – another zero.
Oh well. A new month starts tomorrow, along with an opportunity to start fresh. Check back on Tuesday for February’s to-do list.