Competition in the Winter 2010 Geneablogger Games is over. I accomplished much more than I had anticipated when I began.
Here are my standings:
2. Back Up Your Data – did not compete.
3. Organize Your Research – This week I completed tasks A) organized 20 documents into file folders, C) organized a stack of more than 20 photos into a box, and E) a combo – scanned 3 photos and 3 documents and created 21 database entries based on those items. I had previously completed tasks B and D. Platinum Medal!
4. Expand Your Knowledge – This week I completed tasks C) created a Footnote memorial page, D) read several articles in the learning pages at Ancestry.com, E) created visualizations using Wordle. I had previously completed Task A. Diamond Medal!
5. Write, Write, Write! – This week I completed task C) prepared several posts and pre-publish them. I like to keep 12 to 24 posts on ice; I wrote three this week, which brought my total scheduled posts to 18. I had previously completed tasks A, B, and F. Diamond Medal!
6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness – This week I completed tasks E) indexed 50 names on FamilySearch, F) sent in my membership form for the Whitfield-Murray Historical Society, and G) “followed” several blogs. I had previously completed tasks A and B. Diamond Medal!
My final tally is three Diamond and two Platinum medals.
This was a fun exercise and well-worth pursuing. Many tasks coincided with items on my To-do list, so I concentrated on those. I also completed a number of “backburner” items, such as updating my About page, joining my local historical society, etc.
This post is part of a series related to the Winter 2010 Geneablogger Games. To see all posts in this series, click here.