February turned out to be a good genealogy month. I thought I might get sidetracked from my original plans by playing in the Geneablogger Games, but I was able to combine many tasks and make them work for both the Games and my To-Do list.
- Write 10 blog posts – This post makes 10. Done!
- Abstract (or update previously-done abstractions, if necessary) 10 census pages and update the citations. – 9 completed, although I may get one more done this evening. Stephen Lawson HH 1840, 1850, 1860; Dave Butler HH 1930; Thomas Lytle HH 1850; Elizabeth Mann 1850; John D. Whitener HH 1850; William Holt HH 1850; Logan Whitener HH 1850.
- Index some names on FamilySearch – Indexed 50 names from 1910 Massachusetts census. I think I should get extra points for this. Many were Greek immigrants and I had a hard time deciphering the names. Done!
- Scan 5 photos & process 5 headstone photos. – Done! I have no more headstone photos to process, until I visit another cemetery, that is.
- Look for (online) source records to verify facts referenced in pp. 11-15 of Butler Ahnentafel report. I’m almost finished with p. 13. I’ve determined that five pages of this is too much to do in one month. March’s goal will be three pages.
I accomplished almost everything I set out to do, plus I did quite a few other genealogy-related things (such as The Notebook Project A-Baxter). This was a productive month. How was yours?