Keeping a monthly to-do list is so freeing, mentally. I feel like I get so much more accomplished. I stay on track, rather than chasing rabbits, because I know that whatever I think of doing can be added to my To-Do list in RootsMagic and then pursued later on. These are my plans for August:
- Write 8 blog posts (not including “On this date” posts) – ideally, this will include 1 Women’s Timeline post and 3 Surname Saturdays, but anything counts.
- Extract information from 5 pages in Murray County Heritage. I was looking at this book a couple of days ago and I have about 40 sticky notes poking out; everytime I find something of interest, I attach a sticky note, planning to come back later.
- Scan last two death certificates and add information to database.
- Process 4 emails from my genealogy inbox (this includes due diligence to verify facts & then entering info in database).
- Transcribe Jim Butler military records received in July and enter into database.
- Look for Elizabeth M. (Tucker) Ellis on the 1900 census.
- I have a lot of duplicate notes resulting from a recent software conversion. I want to start going through, alphabetically, and deleting the duplicates. I’m going to start with the H’s, so that I stay slightly ahead of my work on The Notebook Project.
- Continue working on The Notebook Project – I’m on Gertraut.
- Complete Lesson 3 in NGS “Family History Skills” online course.
- Attend the Federation of Genealogy Societies Conference in Knoxville.
What are your genealogy plans for August?