I like it when I find documents that both confirm existing data and offer up new information; the death certificate for my 2nd great-grandmother, Mary Lourania Forrester is one such document.
- Her given name is Mary Lourania. I only have two documents (and this is one) that show her middle name.
- She was a widow at the time of her death, which is consistent with her husband’s death date of 15 Apr 1933.
- She was born 7 Apr 1944. I double-checked the calculation based on her death date and her age at death of 79 years, 9 months, 14 days and it is accurate.
- She was a housewife.
- Her father’s name was Coleman Forrester.
- Her mother’s name was Anna Cearns [also spelled Carnes].
- She was buried in Dial, Georgia.
- She died 21 Apr 1944.
- She died in Newport, Georgia, which was also her residence.
- She lived in Fannin County, Georgia all her life.
- She was born in Fannin County.
- She was buried on 22 Apr 1944.
- No cause of death is recorded, although she had been under a doctor’s care (W. H. Rogers, M. D.) for three days.
- The informant was a Ward, who lived in Newport; presumably this is one of her sons, but I can’t make out the first name. I think it’s safe to assume it was not my great-grandfather, Newton, as he had already moved to Murray County.
- Check Fannin County Probate Records.
- Check Fannin County Marriage Records.
- Check Fannin County Obituaries.