Can you believe it is already October? The year is flying by. Thank goodness for these To-Do posts; not only do they help me stay on track, but I can look back and see what I actually accomplished during the hectic year. Here are my plans for October:
- Write 8 blog posts (not including “On this date” posts) – my priority is to write up more notes from FGS.
- Process 5 headstone photos from my visit to Chatsworth Heights Cemetery (this includes entering data into RootsMagic, (possibly) writing “Tombstone Tuesday” posts, and adding the photos to TNG).
- Check 1860 census for Dave Butler – I’ve checked numerous times, but hope springs eternal. Supposedly, he lived with his father, James, and stepmother, Nancy.
- Order FHL film that has Ben Hemphill-Martha Lytle marriage record. This will be my first time to order film from the Family History Library. This roll of film should have numerous other records that I need, so before it arrives, I will also review my database for McDowell County, NC marriages and also review the “NC Marriage Collection” index on Ancestry.com.
- Order Mary Elizabeth (Patterson) Whitener’s death certificate from Oklahoma Vital Records.
- My piles of paper “to-be-entered” are getting out of control and have actually taken over the top of my printer. Deal with at least 5 pages from the printer-top: entering data, doing due-diligence, scanning, etc.
- Visit the Alaculsa Valley cemeteries – Baxter Family, Chable Family, and Hopewell Baptist Church.
- Database work: delete duplicate notes from records with surnames starting with M & N.
- Notebook Project: I’m starting with Howell and I want to complete 215 names.
- Continuing Education: read chapters 2 & 3 in North Carolina Research (the Helen Leary book).
What are your genealogy goals for October?