Avery Whitener was born 14 October 18761 in Georgia2. He died 12 March 1961 in Murray County, Georgia3. His wife, Drusilla Dillard, was born 8 October 18834. She died 21 January 1972 in Chatsworth, Georgia5. Avery and Drusilla were married on 26 December 1909 in Rhea County, Tennessee6. They are buried at Chatsworth Heights Cemetery7.
Avery was my great-grandmother’s half-brother.
- Chatsworth Heights Cemetery (Chatsworth, Georgia; Latitude: 34.78860, Longitude: -84.77420), Avery P. Whitener monumental inscription; photographed by Tonia Kendrick, 3 July 2010. ↩
- 1900 U. S. Census, Murray County, Georgia, population schedule, Doolittle Disrict, enumeration district (ED) 71, sheet 11-B (penned), dwelling 187, family 191, William Whitener household; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 10 October 2009); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm publication T623, roll 213. ↩
- Murray County, Georgia, “Death Index 1,” section W, entry for Avery P. Whitener, 1961; Probate Court’s Office, Chatsworth, Georgia. ↩
- Chatsworth Heights Cemetery (Chatsworth, Georgia), Drusilla D. Whitener monumental inscription. ↩
- Leslie Riney, “Murray County, Georgia Death Listings,” abstracts, Murray County Georgia Genealogy and History (http://genealogytrails.com/geo/murray/death_listings.htm : accessed 27 August 2010), semi-chronologically arranged, entry for Druscilla (Drusila) D. Whitener, 21 January 1972. ↩
- “Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002,” database and images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 2 December 2009), entry for A. P. Whitener and Miss Druse Dillard; citing Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002. Nashville, TN, USA: Tennessee State Library and Archives. Microfilm. ↩
- Chatsworth Heights Cemetery (Chatsworth, Georgia), Avery P. and Drusilla D. Whitener monumental inscriptions. ↩