Francis Richard Kendrick was born 10 October 1904, probably in Murray County, Georgia1. He died 18 October 1986, also in Murray County2. Vadah Octavia Whitener was born 16 Apr 19053 in Tennessee4. She died in 16 January 1998 in Murray County5.
Richard and Vadah were married 23 July 1922 in Murray County6. Richard was my paternal grandfather’s half-brother. Vadah was my paternal grandmother’s first cousin. They are buried at Chatsworth Heights Cemetery7.
- Social Security Administration, “U.S. Social Security Death Index,” database, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 13 September 2009), entry for Francis Kendrick, SS no. (privately held), before 1951. ↩
- Murray County, Georgia, “Death Index 1,” section K, entry for Francis Richard Kendrick, 1986; Probate Court’s Office, Chatsworth, Georgia. ↩
- Social Security Administration, “U.S. Social Security Death Index”, database, Ancestry.com, entry for Vadah W. Kendrick, SS no. (privately held), 1951. ↩
- 1920 U. S. Census, Murray County, Georgia, population schedule, Alaculsa District, enumeration district (ED) 136, sheet 3-A (penned), dwelling 44, family 46, A. P. Whitner household; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 10 October 2009); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm publication T625, roll 272. ↩
- Murray County, Georgia “Death Index 1,” section K, entry for Vadah Octavia Kendrick. ↩
- Murray County, Georgia, Marriage Book N, 1907-1925: 431, Kindrick-Whitner, 1922; Probate Court’s Office, Chatsworth. ↩
- Chatsworth Heights Cemetery (Chatsworth, Georgia; Latitude: 34.78860, Longitude: -84.77420), Richard and Vadah Kendrick monumental inscriptions; photographed by Tonia Kendrick, 3 July 2010. ↩