- Process 5 headstone photos from the cemeteries I visited last Autumn (this includes entering data into RootsMagic, (possibly) writing Tombstone Tuesday posts, and adding the photos to TNG). – Done. I finished Chatsworth Heights Cemetery and started Ballground Cemetery.
- Process 2 marriage bonds from the McDowell County, NC microfilm. I’m now working on the bonds that included my surnames, but I didn’t know who the people were. This requires some research to determine the identities of the players and whether or not they fit into my family lines. – I did three – none fit into my tree (yet).
- Census project: finish the 1930 transcription and analysis for James Benjamin Butler. – Done; look for the post on 2/17.
- Write 1 research plan (subject TBD). – Done, see post here.
- Write 8 blog posts. – this is number 8.
- Send out at least one query letter for “non-blog” writing. – I’m backing off this idea for the time being.
- Spend 15 minutes a week dealing with papers on my desktop. – Done; I’m very pleased with the results here.
- Do a little database cleanup work. – Done.
- Do a couple of items from DearMyrtle’s January organization checklist. – I set up Dropbox, but I’m not sure if I like it.
- NGS Home Study Course – finish Lesson 4 (Library Resources) and do Lesson 5 (Census Records). I finished Lesson 4.
- Watch one online video about genealogy (title TBD). – I watched “A Key to Success: Your Online Presence” – by D. Joshua Taylor.
Check back tomorrow to see my plans for February.