Ugh. This is probably the worst month, since I started writing down my monthly genealogy goals, in terms of achieving those goals. I did get other things done, like taxes, transferring everything to a new computer, etc.
- Census project: do the 1930 and 1920 transcriptions and analyses for Newton Coleman Ward; if I have time, I’ll add 1910. – I got 1930 done.
- Make sure I have basic vital events for Ward-Johnson family, including properly formatted citations. - This is one of the few things I completed.
- Write 1 research plan – This is two months in a row that I failed to write a research plan.
- Use my research log (I tend to forget) - I did use the research log a little, but I mostly forgot.
- Write 8 blog posts. – 4
- Spend 15 minutes a week dealing with papers on my desktop – look for Ward items. – I dug out all the Ward-related items that were buried on my desk and entered them into the database and/or wrote blog posts.
- Do a little database cleanup work – limit this; it got out of hand last month. – I did about half of what I intended.
- Do one item from Dear Myrtle’s March Organization Checklist – probably trying out Second Life, as that’s something I’ve been meaning to do. – Nope.
- NGS Home Study Course – do Lesson 7 (Church & Cemetery Records) and Lesson 8 (Probate & Court Records). Didn’t do either one.
- Watch one online video about genealogy (title TBD). No.
Sigh. Maybe April will be better.