- 31 Weeks to a Better Genealogy Blog
- #31WBGB: Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
- #31WBGB: My Elevator Pitch
- #31WBGB: Make List Posts Work for Your Genealogy Blog
- #31WBGB: Promote a Blog Post
- #31WBGB: Analyze a Top Genealogy Blog
- #31WBGB: Contact a Reader
- #31WBGB: 27 Must-Read Tips for Genealogy Bloggers
- #31WBGB: Write a Link Post
- #31WBGB: Interlink Your Old Blog Posts
- #31WBGB: Participate in an Online Genealogy Group
- #31WBGB: Set Up Monitoring Alerts
- #31WBGB: Come Up With 10 Post Ideas
- #31WBGB: Develop an Editorial Calendar
- #31WBGB: Update a Key Page
- #31WBGB: Find a Blog Buddy
- #31WBGB: Solve a Problem
Welcome back to another week of 31 Weeks to a Better Genealogy Blog! This week’s task is to find a blog buddy. Let’s face it; blogging is often a solitary endeavor. Bloggers who work together, often have more success. Blogging buddies can be one-on-one relationships or small groups.
9 Reasons You Need a Blog Buddy
- You can proofread and critique each other’s posts, before pressing “publish.”
- You can share link love.
- You can promote each other’s posts via social media channels.
- You can help each other stay motivated.
- You can trade guest posts.
- You can brainstorm together and bounce post ideas off each other.
- You can critique design and other non-text elements.
- You can help build blog comments.
- You can hold each other accountable.
Blogging Buddy Relationship Advice
- Make the relationship mutually beneficial. All parties should be contribute and benefit.
- Make each other’s blog better. We all have a goal of making our own blogs better. Commit to the same goal for your buddy.
- Find a buddy or a buddy group that you can hook up with.
If you are just joining us, then “welcome.” You can read the kick-off post about 31 Weeks to a Better Genealogy Blog here. Feel free to start with this week’s reading and action items – you are not behind!
This week’s prize is a pH Testing pen. If you’d like to enter for a chance to win this pen, leave a comment on this entry with your experience with blogging buddies. Have you ever collaborated or worked with another blogger to mutually grow or improve your blogs?
The contest ends at 11:59 pm on Saturday, October 8, 2011. Winner will be drawn randomly.