Tombstone Tuesday: Captain Thomas Lytle

by Tonia Kendrick on October 25, 2011 in Evidence,Photos

Captain Thomas Lytle Headstone

Thomas Lytle served several tours in the American Revolution.  He was a captain in Brevard’s North Carolina Legion and was present at King’s Mountain, although he did not fight in the battle.  He died 31 March 1835 and is buried at Bethel UMC-Old Cherry Springs Cemetery in Old Fort, North Carolina.  He was my 5th great-grandfather.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Ruth Stephens October 30, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Still doing #31WBGB?
Ruth Stephens´s last blog post ..Need a Direct-Line Ancestor report?

Robin Olson July 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I think my boyfriend is related to you! I was doing research, looking up Captain Lytle and found your page! This is very exciting news. I’ll be sure to share this info with my boyfriend’s mother who told us about Captain Lytle..I think she has a reproduction of a portrait of him. Drop me an email!

Tonia Kendrick July 18, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Hi Robin, great to hear from you!

Linda Lytle Bowen September 1, 2012 at 11:55 am

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A PICTURE OF CAPT THOMAS. HE WAS MY 7GREAT GRANDFATHER..CAN. GIVE YOU PHOTO OF CAPT THOMAS YOUNG LYTLE AND ELIZA ANN BURGIN LYTLE. THANK YOU AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU, LINDA BOWEN

Tonia Kendrick September 2, 2012 at 8:50 am

Hi Linda, nice to hear from you! I would love to have a picture of of Thomas Young Lytle and Eliza Ann Burgin Lytle. I’m actually related to each of them independently. I don’t have any Lytle pictures at this time. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a picture of Captain Thomas Lytle.

Thanks for commenting!
Tonia

michael blanton March 6, 2013 at 2:03 pm

According to familyorigins.com he is my eighth great grandfather.

Tonia Kendrick March 6, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Awesome! Through which line of descent?

Cathy May 11, 2013 at 9:52 am

Tom Lytle is my 5th g-grandfather as well. I would love to see a picture. I have a picture of my g-grandmother Lytle.

Michael Travis Blanton May 12, 2013 at 11:22 pm

through George Lytle down to John Lytle eventually to do Frances Lucille Smith my grandmother on my fathers (Michael Eugene Blanton) side I also would love to see a picture of any of them. to show my son Michael Isaiah Blanton

Michael Travis Blanton May 12, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Does anyone know any further family history. Such as when the lytle family originally came to the U.S.