Today is the last day for early-bird registration to the Southern California Genealogy Jamboree. Jamboree will he held June 8-10 in Burbank, California, with two “pre-events” to be held on June 7. If you are on the fence, here are 7 reasons to attend:
- Rock-Star Speakers – Megan Smolenyak, Josh Taylor, Curt Wicher, and so many more!
- Over 100 classes to choose from in the three-day period. I haven’t narrowed my list down yet.
- Research assistance – do you need some help with a genealogy problem? You can sign up for a half-hour consultation to get some one-on-one help.
- DNA interpretation – having trouble understanding your DNA results? The DNA Interest Group can help you figure out what they mean.
- Pre-events – want to learn more about family history writing or technology? Come in a day early for even more sessions dedicated to these topics,
- Networking – there will be over 1600 genealogists there. This is a great opportunity to meet up with your online genealogy peeps and make new friends, as well.
- Fun – with after-hours events, blogger hangouts, and all the reasons listed above, Jamboree is just plain fun.
So, June 8-10 in Burbank. I’ll be there. How about you?