James A. Burgin was born 29 Jun 1876, likely in McDowell County, North Carolina. He died 11 Jul 1942 and is buried at Bethel-Cherry Springs Cemetery.
James was the son of Joseph Lytle Burgin and Dulcina (MNU) Burgin. He appeared in their household on the 1880 census, along with an older sister, Mollie G.
James married Dora M. and they are buried at Bethel-Cherry Springs Cemetery in Crooked Creek, McDowell, North Carolina.
James is a cousin of mine several different ways, through five lines of descent:
- 2nd cousin four times removed (common ancestors: John Burgin & Elizabeth Mann)
- 2nd cousin three times removed (common ancestors: Thomas Lytle & Jennie McEntire)
- 3rd cousin twice removed (common ancestors: Thomas Young Hemphill McEntire & Martha Hemphill)
- 4th cousin once removed (common ancestors: Captain Thomas Hemphill & Mary Ann Mackie)
- 5th cousin twice removed (common ancestors: James Hemphill & Susannah Patton)