Want to Use My Work?
Tonia’s Roots by Tonia Kendrick, including all text and images, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.toniasroots.net/contact-me/.
In a nut shell, that means:
- The pages of this site may be freely linked to.
- You’re free to use and share what you find here, within the limits of Fair Use, which this copyright policy defines as 10% or 400 words (whichever is less) of any given page or post on this site.
- You must give credit to this site via a source citation and, if you are publishing online, a link back to my site. Here is a template you can use for a citation, although of course, you are free to use any citation style.
Tonia Kendrick, “Article or Page Title,” Tonia’s Roots, [date the article was posted or page last modified] (www.toniasroots.net : accessed [access date]).
- Commercial use is prohibited. This means you can’t sell my work. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. It also means don’t take my work and publish it on Ancestry.com, Fold3.com, or any other commercial site.
I encourage you to read through the license to learn about Creative Commons and what those who use the license expect (and if you haven’t licensed your own work, I encourage you to do so).
Outside of the Creative Commons license:
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from me. In other words, ask first. For any reuse or distribution of the content with permission, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to Tonia’s Roots and the original article or page.
- US Copyright Law protects this site’s content above and beyond the license by the Creative Commons.
Notes on Genealogy Content and Copyright
Genealogical facts cannot be copyrighted. However, their presentation can be copyrighted, as well as any notes, analyses, proof arguments and conclusions.
Example of facts (not copyrighted):
Albert Monroe Johnson was born 4 Mar 1882.
Need a larger version of a document or a higher-resolution photo? No problem. Contact me and I’ll be glad to email you a different version, if I’m the owner. If the image was shared with me by someone else, I’ll point you in that direction to ask for permission.
Finally, if you’ve found my work valuable enough that you want to use a portion under Fair Use, drop me a comment and a link. This is not required, but appreciated. Hey, we’re probably related in some way, shape, or form – we should be on a first-name basis.
If you have any questions about usage that the license doesn’t seem to cover, contact me and we’ll sort it out.
Thanks for stopping by!